What is Microsoft 365 Copilot?
Microsoft 365 Copilot is an AI assistant that works alongside you in various Microsoft services and apps, such as Teams, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and more. It can help you with tasks such as:
- Recording, transcribing, and summarizing meetings in Teams, as well as generating action items and agendas.
- Creating concise summaries of long or complex documents, such as PowerPoint presentations, Word documents, and email threads.
- Finding and surfacing relevant information across different Microsoft services or apps, such as a webpage and SharePoint, as well as public or private data sources. Everything you have access to.
Microsoft 365 Copilot is powered by advanced AI technologies, such as natural language processing, computer vision, speech recognition, and machine learning. It learns from your preferences, feedback, and behaviour, and adapts to your needs and context.
How do we use Microsoft 365 Copilot?
Many of our employees have been exploring Microsoft 365 Copilot for some time now. We conducted a survey among our colleagues and customers who have used Microsoft 365 Copilot.
The survey asked questions about the overall impression, positive use cases, biggest hurdles, potential benefits, and other feedback on Microsoft 365 Copilot. Here are some of the main findings from the survey:
The respondents rated their overall impression of Microsoft 365 Copilot on a scale of 1 to 5. The average rating was 3.1, indicating a moderate level of satisfaction.
Positive use cases
Positive use cases: The most common positive use cases mentioned by the respondents were:
- Teams meeting summaries and transcripts: Many respondents praised the ability of Microsoft 365 Copilot to record, transcribe, and summarize meetings in Teams, as well as generate action items and agendas.
- Summarization of document content and emails: Several respondents appreciated the feature of Microsoft 365 Copilot to create concise summaries of long or complex documents, such as PowerPoint presentations, Word documents, and email threads (especially if you are the type of person receiving a lot of cc email)
- Data and information retrieval: Some respondents liked the feature of Microsoft 365 Copilot to find and surface relevant information across different Microsoft services or apps, such as Teams and SharePoint, as well as webpages and public or private data sources combining the Microsoft 365 Copilot and the Microsoft Copilot (formerly known as Bing Chat Enterprise).
Potential benefits: The respondents suggested various potential benefits that Microsoft 365 Copilot could offer, such as:
- Saving time and increasing productivity: Microsoft 365 Copilot could help customers save time and increase their efficiency by automating tasks, such as creating meeting minutes, summarizing documents, or finding information.
- Improving communication and collaboration: Microsoft 365 Copilot could help customers improve their communication and collaboration by facilitating meetings, creating agendas, generating action items, or providing insights.
- Enhancing creativity and innovation: Microsoft 365 Copilot could help customers enhance their creativity and innovation by providing suggestions, generating content, or finding new opportunities.
The most common challenges or difficulties reported by the respondents were:
- Lack of use cases or value proposition: Some respondents felt that Microsoft 365 Copilot did not offer enough use cases or value for their work, or that they did not know how to use it effectively.
- Technical issues or bugs: Some respondents encountered technical problems or errors with Microsoft 365 Copilot, such as slow performance, inaccurate transcription, problems with using New Outlook, or inconsistent results.
The respondents provided some additional feedback or comments on Microsoft 365 Copilot, such as:
- Suggestions for improvement: Some respondents suggested ways to improve Microsoft 365 Copilot, such as adding more features, improving the quality, adding the Danish language in the language package, or providing more guidance or training to the users.
- Positive feedback: Some respondents expressed their appreciation or enthusiasm for Microsoft 365 Copilot, such as praising its potential, its usefulness, or its fun factor.
What are our thoughts on Microsoft 365 Copilot?
Based on our experiences and feedback, we think that Microsoft 365 Copilot is a promising and innovative AI assistant that can help users with various tasks across different Microsoft services and apps.
However, we also recognize that it is not a quick fix that can solve all our problems, and that it requires exploration and adaptation to find the best use cases and value propositions for each company and context.
We are excited to continue using and learning from Microsoft 365 Copilot, and we hope that you are too. If you have any questions, comments, or feedback on Microsoft 365 Copilot or any other of the many Microsoft Copilots, please feel free to contact us or leave a comment below.
Thank you for reading this blog post and stay tuned for more updates on Microsoft Copilots as well as other AI topics.